A 10-week micro-credential for those with a big idea, a seasoned professional wanting to get into the start-up world or for those working on an entrepreneurial project. Join us to elevate your skills and knowledge with the expert help of leading entrepreneurs.
Create a better business than you had imagined
Build the essential skills, attitudes and attributes of a successful entrepreneur as you develop your own business pitch deck by the end of our 10-week course.
Through weekly live online sessions, you will gain valuable insights from tutors and seasoned entrepreneurs on your business idea. This is a highly collaborative course with regular opportunities for you to ask questions and seek feedback.
The Entrepreneurship Micro-credential was created by CEO and founder of Tech Futures Lab & The Mind Lab Frances Valintine, an award-winning educator and technologist.
Wherever you are on your journey to entrepreneurship, this short course offers essential skills to take you to the next level.
Through this micro-credential, you will
- Develop a peer reviewed pitch deck for your business idea
- Build confidence using critical thinking to find opportunities and solve problems
- Have access to legal, financial and marketing business resources
- Build a network of business owner connections
How will you learn?
8 weeks of self-paced online learning including videos, quizzes and live facilitated online sesssions via Zoom.
- Receive materials to prepare for weekly live sessions (approx 12 hours per week)
- Weekly learning blocks via our learning management system Ako Mai, including videos and key concepts (1.5 hours per week)
Interactive online sessions
- Collaborative learning activities and expert support (90 minute Zoom sessions on Wednesdays from 4:00pm-5:30pm)
How is this micro-credential assessed?
To apply what you have learned to your context, you’ll complete two summative assessments. You must achieve a pass on all assessment criteria to receive an overall pass for the microcredential. You will
- Choose a case study and work with peers to create a market analysis and testing plan
- Using a Plan on a Page (Lean Canvas) method, turn your own business idea into an investor-ready pitch deck
Learn from the experts at The Mind Lab and Tech Futures Lab
Tech Futures Lab was created in 2016 to help businesses and professionals develop the critical skills needed in the ‘future of work’. This microcredential utilises that key mission to provide you with the knowledge and tools to advance your career and support sustainable outcomes in your business and community.
This micro-credential is endorsed and accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) and aligns to level 8 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.
Are you eligible for this micro-credential?
To enrol in this microcredential, you will need to have either: *at least three years’ professional working experience in a relevant industry or community or; *a bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional qualification (or higher).
If your qualifications were not completed in English, and English is not your first language, you must have an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher (or an equivalent).
What you will receive
- 15 credits at postgraduate level from The Mind Lab (authorised under NZQA). This course confers credit equivalent to a single unit of postgraduate study which is transferable under New Zealand Qualifications Authority Standards. More information can be found here.