Disruptive Technologies Micro-credential
A 10-week micro-credential designed alongside leading experts. Demystifying the landscape of disruptive technologies such as AI, Big Data, Cloud Computing, IoT, Cybersecurity, XR and Blockchain and how they can be integrated in a range of industries.
Gain a practical understanding of emerging and disruptive technologies
Disruptive technologies are revolutionising organisations, through their ability to enhance current practices or create new practices entirely.
Disruptive technologies can impact not only infrastructure but the way in which people engage with these processes on a professional and personal level. You’ll explore advances in money, mobility, and communication and how disruptive technologies are being used to completely alter both business and consumer experiences through developments including extended reality (XR), autonomous vehicles, and smart devices.
On this ten-week microcredential from Tech Futures Lab, you’ll be introduced to emerging technologies that are disrupting processes and changing operational landscapes across sectors. As you deepen your understanding, you’ll demystify these technologies and highlight their interrelations in various contexts.
Through this micro-credential, you'll:
- assess the impact of different technologies and develop strategies to use these technologies to your advantage.
- develop insights into enhancing your current processes, or completely revolutionising your infrastructure by embedding disruptive technology into your existing frameworks.
By the end of the micro-credential, you’ll be able to...
- Identify and analyse the current and potential relevance, opportunity and impact of disruptive technology in the context of their practice.
- Formulate evidence-based initiatives to utilise technology for desirable change within their practice.
How will you learn?
10 weeks of self-paced online learning including videos, quizzes and optional weekly support sessions facilitated live on Zoom. A total time commitment of 15 hours per week.
The learning will primarily be self-paced and asynchronously online. Learners are provided with video material, course notes, relevant materials, quizzes, and questions for directed discussions. Self-directed learning includes readings, reflection, learner-initiated discussion and assessments.
How is this micro-credential assessed?
You will complete two summative assessments during this ten-week course. Both assessments are competency based and allow you to position your learning in the context of your chosen sector.
Your first assignment will focus on choosing one disruptive technology and reflecting on its relevance and impact within a specific sector. The second assessment will use Plan on a Page to explore how a disruptive technology could be used in practice and adopted into a sector.
Learn from the experts at The Mind Lab
Tech Futures Lab was created in 2016 to help businesses and professionals develop the critical skills needed in the ‘future of work’. This microcredential utilises that key mission to provide you with the knowledge and tools to advance your career and support sustainable outcomes in your business and community.
This micro-credential is endorsed and accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) and aligns to level 8 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.
Are you eligible for this micro-credential?
This microcredential is designed for anyone wanting to upskill and improve their knowledge of emerging disruptive technologies in a business or organisational context.
What you will receive
- 15 credits at postgraduate level from The Mind Lab (authorised under NZQA). This course confers credit equivalent to a single unit of postgraduate study which is transferable under New Zealand Qualifications Authority Standards. More information can be found here.