Leading Sustainable Communities and Organisations
Do you want to play a role in a sustainable future? Expand your knowledge and discover tools to help you lead sustainable change.
Driving change with sustainable solutions can be complex - systems change, innovation and world-views all need to be integrated to work towards a sustainable future. But, small-scale, incremental changes can create impact and you can be part of the movement towards a sustainable future.
Through this two-week short course, you’ll develop your understanding of sustainability thinking, frameworks, and leadership approaches. With experts from The Mind Lab, you will strengthen your knowledge and capability to drive sustainable change.
You’ll also develop a clear understanding of the most commonly used terms, theories, and principles in relation to sustainability, giving you a fresh perspective on how to lead sustainable change.
By the end of the course, you’ll have the tools and resources to implement change in your organisations, communities, and at home. You will also be able to extend your networks and meet other learners to share your ideas with and engage in discussion.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone with an interest in sustainability and those who want to be empowered to lead your organisation and community toward a more sustainable future.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate an understanding of the most commonly used terms, theories and principles in relation to sustainability and the current conditions prompting change
- Evaluate and reflect on leadership for sustainability, innovative approaches to change, and the importance of diverse worldviews to generate impactful change
What will you learn?
- Introduction to commonly used terms, frameworks and methodologies relating to sustainability
- Current sustainability challenges facing the world now
- Leadership for sustainability including an overview of key skills and competencies and indigenous approaches to leading sustainability.
- Overview of innovative solutions for sustainability.
This short course is an introduction, a taster for the Leading Beyond Sustainability Micro-credential also offered by The Mind Lab.