Harnessing Emerging Disruptive Technologies
Gain a foundational knowledge of emerging disruptive technologies and learn how they are revolutionising industry processes.
The world is changing rapidly and technology is the driver. An understanding of emerging disruptive technologies is crucial to gaining an advantage in business, as sectors race to take advantage of Industry 4.0 technologies.
On this two-week course, you’ll examine the disruptive and emerging technologies accelerating digital development. With this knowledge, you’ll be able to anticipate changes that you can take advantage of across industries. You’ll discover how blockchain connects and improves ecosystem strategies and how extended reality is revolutionising technological interactions.
This knowledge will help you interpret trends and assess how emerging technology can assist you in creating more efficient business processes.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ecosystem of emerging disruptive technologies.
- Discuss the basic foundations of blockchain and extended reality technologies.
- Evaluate and reflect on the application of technologies for future change in a range of contexts.
What will you learn?
- Technology ecosystems and trends
- Blockchain technology, fintech and NFTs
- Extended Reality and the Metaverse
- The Experience Age and how this impacts work, home and business
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for professionals wanting to understand how emerging and disruptive technologies can optimise processes.
It is also suitable for technology enthusiasts with an interest in emerging technologies and future technological trends.
This short course is an introduction, a taster for the Disruptive Technologies Micro-credentials also offered by The Mind Lab and Tech Futures Lab.